May-June Take Action Brief
With the Governor’s May Revise in hand, the Budget Subcommittees are now in full swing as the Legislature faces a June 15 Constitutional deadline to pass a balanced budget. May 19 was the last day for the Appropriations Committees to pass bills to the floor and June 2 is the “House of Origin Deadline” when all bills must be passed out of the house in which they were introduced. Policy committees taking up bills in their second house will then have until July 14 to consider legislation prior to the Summer Recess.
Read CSDA's May-June Take Action Brief, which includes:
- Legislative Priorities Advocated at Special Districts Legislative Days
- FEEDBACK REQUEST: Governor's BUILD Proposals
- May Revise to Governor Proposed 2023-24 State Budget
- Key Budget Requests
- 2023 CSDA Advocacy Priorities
- What are Special Districts?
- Where Special Districts Fit in the Public Services Puzzle
- Special Districts: Community Driven and Future Focused